Saturday, September 26, 2009

CI - Working the Subject Thoughts

This was a really interesting assignment and a fairly difficult one as well. Going in with my three subjects I had a vague idea of what I was going to do but nothing really set in stone.

My subjects were 2 action figures and a miniature pool table. I decided to add a background bar scene as well which actually complicated the assignment much more for me. I decided I was going to include a story into it where the two figures would play pool while stuff happens in the background up at the bar with some other characters.

To accomplish this is what posing and changing all of the character and stuff happening at the pool table in almost every photo, it was almost like a stop motion photo film. It was pretty primative compared to an actual film but still very difficult to do and really exhausting mentally and physically. It would have been much easier to do it on a table than on the ground. I really had no idea what I'd gotten myself into when I started it but there was no going back once I started. It was a lot of fun but very hard. I may have veered off a little from the focus of the assignment by focusing a little more on the background in several shots, but I tried to keep the 3 main subjects in the frame. It was somewhat tricky to come up with different angles and poses that kept it fresh and different from the previous photo. The harder part was making up the story as I went along and the reason the assignment took longer that I'd anticipated.

I'd definitely try something like this again but only if I had much more time. There wasn't a lot of time to complete this assignment and for that reason I shouldn't have made mine so complex. And again, if I'm ever going to do something like this again it will be on a table!

1 comment:

  1. i really like this!! i would never of thought of something like this!
    awesome!

    ReplyDelete